Wednesday, August 27, 2008

30, 31, 32 ....

Elizabeth Zimmerman is the Albert Einstein of knitting - that's undisputed . I've read some of her books and her revolutionary techniques seem to be part of so many main stream patterns, including Tangled Yoke (which I completed - thank you very much). So please tell me why counting beyond 30 is posing a challenge for me? Shown here is the sad, frogged remains of my FOURTH attempt at the infamous baby surprise jacket. This pattern is simple genius - and the reason for my knitting it is pure curiosity. I'm defeated for the moment but not conquered ... I shall return and meet success ...



Speaking of success, Yarn Harlot's Sock Recipe socks are completed. They didn't make it across the finish line for the Ravelympics ... again - the numbers !!!! I thought I had until 8:00am on Monday not Sunday!!! Nonetheless, they are pure heaven. The yarn is from Sockpixie (amazing ... you must treat yourself to a skein) ... the pattern is above. Although still perplexing is how I managed to cast on for these, as the CO number certainly exceeded 30 ; )



No comments: